Behind each quality constructed cabinet, you’ll find the following:

  • Face Frame Construction (Hardwoods)
  • 3/4″ thick plywood sides
  • ½ inch full back for stability and beauty
  • 3/4″ thick plywood shelving with solid hardwood fronts
  • Fully adjustable, 3/4″ thick plywood shelving with solid hardwood fronts
  • 3/4″ thick solid wood drawers and roller trays
  • Dovetail construction standard on drawers and roller trays
  • Full extension ball bearing drawer/roller tray guides
  • Soft close hinges that are fully concealed and are adjustable in 6-ways
  • No particleboard is used unless specified by the customer


Colors can look different in different light settings, and we can work with you to get the perfect look you are envisioning. Visit our friends at Sherwin-Williams to try your colors out!  Find your colors HERE

Click on Paint a scene, then Sample Scenes, then Kitchen



  • Face Frame – The structural portion of the cabinet to which doors are attached, consisting of both rails and stiles
  • End Panel – The side of the cabinet that is attached to the face frame and extends to the back panel
  • Top – The upper surface of the cabinet
  • Bottom – The floor of the cabinet
  • Back – The rear vertical surface used to mount the cabinet to the wall
  • Fixed Shelves – ¾ horizontal storage surfaces that are fixed in place
  • Adjustable Shelves – Horizontally placed storage surfaces adjusted by moving pins used to hold the shelf in place
  • Toekick – The recessed toe space at the bottom of a base cabinet






  • Center Panel– The raised or flat panel in the middle of a door enclosed by stiles and rails
  • Center Stile– Sometimes called a mullion, this is the raised rail in the middle of a door that is enclosed by stiles and rails
  • Edge Profile– Shape put on the outside edge of a door or drawer front
  • Stile– The vertical-framing members of a cabinet face frame or cabinet door
  • Rail – A horizontal framing member of a cabinet face frame or door
  • Reveal– On a framed cabinet, the distance between the outside edge of the face frame and the outside edge of the door typically 1/2 inch



  • Dovetail Joint – A series of pins cut to extend from the end of one board interlock with a series of tails cut into the end of another board
  • Drawer Glide – The system used to support the drawer in a cabinet and provide opening/closing operation
  • Tongue and Grove Joint – Each piece has a groove cut all along one edge, and a thin, deep ridge (the tongue) on the opposite edge. Great for custom shaped drawers

For more information on drawer glides please visit our friends at Blum



  • Concealed Hinge – Not visible on the surface of the cabinet
  • Quiet Close Hinge – This feature protects the hinge from damage if the door is slammed
  • Knob – Surface hardware attached with one screw. Typically, smaller than a pull and used on a proportionally smaller door or drawer
  • Pull – Surface hardware attached with two screws, like a handle

We can work with you on any style of knob or pulls you prefer. For great ideas please visit our friends at Amerock



Maccabee’s Cabinets & Design Studio
PO Box 5147
Destin, Florida 32540
Ph: 850-608-3063